Website cookies and how we use them
Cookies can be used to store information regarding a website visitors’ usage. Where used, cookies are downloaded onto your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. The information which cookies then collect is statistical data only and will not be able identify you as an individual.
If you want to restrict or block the cookies we set, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘help’ function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you could visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains information on the types of cookies which can be used across different browsers. You’ll also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer. To learn about controlling cookies on the browser of your mobile device please refer to your handset manual.
Our websites may include links to websites run by other organisations. Big Issue ShareBike is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites so, in addition to reading this privacy notice, you should take the time to read and understand their privacy policies.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights include:
1. the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold about you. Once we are sure you have the right to see the requested records (for example: We have confirmed that you are who you say you are) we will have one calendar month to comply.
2. the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, however, we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
3. in some circumstances, the right to receive some personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit that data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal data which you have provided to us;
4. the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
5. the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
6. the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and,
7. the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator (details of which are provided below) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
You can find out more information about your rights, or if you would like to make a complaint, you can do so by contacting the Information Commissioner, or by searching their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
By using our websites, social media pages, entering a competition or providing your information, you consent to our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use our sites, social media pages or services.
Withdrawing consent to marketing
You can opt out of receiving donation appeal letters, newsletters, emails or telephone calls from us at any time by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. Please note that if you opt out of receiving specific communications then opt in again in the future, the newest request replaces any previous requests you made to opt out.
Keeping your information up to date
Where possible we use publicly available sources to keep your records up to date; for example, the Post Office’s National Change of Address database and information provided to us by other organisations as described above.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us at the address below.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If we do so, we will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time we post them.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please let us know by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (please address any correspondence to “Supporter Services”).
This policy was last changed on 26th October 2020.
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal data or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please address questions, comments and requests at:
Big Issue ShareBike
3rd Floor, 113-115 Fonthill Road
London, N4 3HH